TITLE: Facilities Foreman
DEPARTMENT: Facilities and Sustainability
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Facilities Foreman will report to the Facilities Manager, monitoring the tasks that are assigned to the Laborer team, as well as completing work orders to maintain the highest of standards for the Facilities department.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise daily activities of Laborers, as assigned by Facilities Manager. Monitor tasks to ensure assigned work orders are being completed and delegate tasks to Laborers as needed.
- Train new Laborers and current staff.
- Communicate to Facilities Manager in a timely manner regarding any performance issues with staff and/or other facilities needs that arise.
- Represent and support management at Phipps to the Laborer staff and other staff at Phipps.
- Perform custodial duties; cleaning the conservatory offices; work in public and non-public areas of the facility. Clean and assure proper maintenance of facilities, including outside cleanup.
- Assist with installation of all shows and set up/tear down needs for events.
- Secure facility.
- Maintain assigned tools/equipment and report problems to the Facilities Manager promptly.
- Safely operate conservatory vehicle to make deliveries, pick up supplies, etc.
- Assist Facilities Manager in other areas as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of people in a friendly manner.
- Able to work alone as well as in a team environment.
- Able to use manual tools in all kinds of weather and conditions.
- Knowledge in the upkeep of facility, offices and grounds.
- Knowledge of material, equipment and tools used in cleaning, maintenance and repair of buildings and garden areas.
- Ability to provide own transportation to perform principle responsibilities.
- Requires evening and weekend work both indoor and outdoor locations.
- Will at times be working alone in the facility.
- Will have occasion to work in or pass through any area of the conservatory or growing houses.
MINIMUM POSITION GUIDELINES (Education, Experience and Certification)
- Minimum of a high school degree.
- Three years work experience in a general laborer field with supervisory experience.
- Must hold a current Pennsylvania driver’s license and be insurable by the conservatory.
- Primary series of COVID vaccine is required.
Revisions, additions or deletions to this job description may be made at any point.
Phipps offers a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and unique atmosphere. Qualified candidates should apply using our online application or send a cover letter and résumé via email to email@example.com or mail to Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, Human Resources Department, One Schenley Park, Pittsburgh, PA 15213. Phipps is an equal opportunity employer.