Senior Manager of Guest Services
TITLE: Senior Manager of Guest Services
DEPARTMENT: Guest Service
REPORTS TO: Director of Guest Service
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Director of Guest Service, the Senior Manager of Guest Services will be responsible for supporting and facilitating an excellent level of guest service and assisting and maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and order in all guest areas. The Senior Manager of Guest Services is responsible for the daily management of the visitor experience.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and develop staff to a platinum level of guest service.
- Work with Director of Guest Service to develop and implement programs and training to improve customer service and the overall Phipps’ experience.
- Responsible for the organization and day-to-day operations of the guest service area throughout the conservatory.
- Train employees and follow up on a daily basis on how to provide exceptional guest service, including use of equipment, enforcement of operational policies, information processing, customer service, etc.
- Promotes a can-do approach to all situations by all staff.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of daily operations, encompassing all areas i.e. parking, timed ticketing, etc.
- Present the Conservatory in a positive, friendly and courteous tone to all guests, staff and volunteers. Facilitate the making of great memories!
- Supervise housekeeping staff duties throughout the Conservatory in all guest service areas. Ensure quality of work and adherence to departmental procedures and safety standards.
- Develop budget for the operations of the Admissions area.
- Responsible for meeting revenue and expense projections.
- Serve as the liaison for the visitor service volunteer program.
- Work with other Conservatory personnel to constantly update the public and staff on Conservatory happenings.
- Perform other duties as requires.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Exceptional guest service skills and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Leadership ability to effectively lead guest service effort and interact with staff.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of people in a friendly manner.
- Knowledge of computers required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines and stress.
- Ability to communicate enthusiastic support of Phipps' mission.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND SENSORY DIMENSIONS
- Physical mobility: sitting, standing, walking, lifting/carrying objects up to 30 pounds; manual dexterity to operate keyboard.
- Mental effort: reading, writing, analyzing, and visualizing.
- Sensory requirement: Ability to communicate and respond both in person and over the phone to the general public, staff and volunteers in a friendly manner.
- Ability to provide own transportation to perform principle responsibilities.
- Required to work Saturdays and Sundays, with one weekend a month off when possible.
- Must be available to work evenings.
- Will have occasion to work in or pass through any area of the Conservatory or growing houses.
MINIMUM POSITION GUIDELINES (Education, Experience and Certification)
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in business, retail management or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years' relevant and increasingly responsible experience in the field of retail/customer service preferred.
- Experience in museum environment preferred.
- Primary series of COVID vaccine is required.
Revisions, additions or deletions to this job description may be made at any point.
Phipps offers a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and unique atmosphere. Qualified candidates should apply using our online application or send a cover letter and résumé via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, Human Resources Department, One Schenley Park, Pittsburgh, PA 15213. Phipps is an equal opportunity employer.