Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens is currently seeking a 2019 Marketing and Communications Fall Intern. As a marketing and communications intern at Phipps, you will play an integral role in the marketing department, assisting with a wide variety of projects to promote the conservatory’s seasonal flower shows, programs, events and sustainability initiatives. You will work in a beautiful, healthy environment while you gain real-world experience in the realm of marketing, branding, strategic planning, media and public relations.
- Currently a junior, senior or graduate student
- Candidate must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing, communications, professional writing, public relations, journalism, graphic design or any related field.
SAMPLE OF RESPONSIBILITES:
- Draft and edit press releases
- Draft and edit website content
- Post on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat
- Draft and send emails to Phipps’ email subscribers
- Write selections for Phipps’ member newsletter
- Edit Phipps’ member newsletter and education course catalog
- Design collateral, including brochures, flyers, etc.
- Assist with media tours and photo shoots
- Write posts for Phipps' blog series
- Other duties as necessary
- This is an unpaid internship and must be taken for academic internship credit (3 hours).
- Flexible with schedule, but expected to work 10 – 20 hours a week.
- If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2019.