5-2-1-0 in Healthcare Practices
Get the Toolkit
The 5-2-1-0 Goes to Healthcare Toolkit is a step-by-step guide for launching, leading and evaluating your 5-2-1-0 program. Inside you will find resources to help you conduct an assessment, create an action plan, and implement the 10 Strategies for Success.
Next Steps is a guide for clinicians to help children and adolescents reduce and manage weight. This guide outlines a series of planned follow-up visits designed to teach evidence-based weight management strategies that can lead to success for the practitioner and patient. No registration is required the view the Next Steps guide training courses on the Lets Go! website, and a printed copy of the Next Steps guide is available for purchase on the American Academy of Pediatrics online store.
- Let's Go! Healthcare Overview (24 minutes)
- Understanding Healthy Food (15 minutes)
- Behaviors and Emotions Around Eating (10 minutes)
- Portion Sizes (8 minutes)
- Healthy Drinks (14 minutes)
- Next Steps Overview (11 minutes)
- Parenting (8 minutes)
- Motivational Interviewing (12 minutes)
- Eating Out of the Home (9 minutes)
- Home Environment (8 minutes)
- Meal Patterns and Snacks (7 minutes)
- Screen Time and Sleep (9 minutes)
- Physical Activity (13 minutes)
- Feeling Good About Yourself (9 minutes)
- Label Reading (14 minutes)
- Patient Prescription (7 minutes)
- Comorbidities and Labs (20 minutes)
- Holidays/Special Occasions (6 minutes)
- Healthy Families (5 minutes)
- Community Partners (8 minutes)
- Understanding Health (13 minutes)
- Bullying and Teasing (8 minutes)
- Unintentional Disruptions (6 minutes)
Following completion of the trainings, users may submit a healthcare course completion survey to earn a certificate from Lets Go!
Visit our Homes and Communities page to access additional 5-2-1-0 resources.