This Week at Phipps: March 5 – 11
There's always something new to see and do at Phipps! This weekly blog post provides a run-down of the latest happenings so you can plan your visit. Events listed below require no advance registration unless noted otherwise.
- Spring Flower Show: Scents of Wonder I Opens Sat., March 10!
Guests are invited to get nose-to-petal with hundreds of aromatic lilies, tulips, daffodils, hyacinths and more spring favorites throughout the glasshouse.
- Tropical Forest Cuba
Experience the natural beauty and culture of Cuba, one of the most biodiverse Caribbean island nations on Earth, in our immersive new Tropical Forest exhibit.
- Make the Switch at Phipps! Green Power Drive
Join the more than 1,000 families who have switched their home electricity to 100% green power while visiting our Tropical Forest Conservatory and you can receive free Phipps membership!
Mon., March 5:
- Make-a-Craft Mondays | 10:30 a.m. – noon
Create your very own Phipps masterpiece! Every Monday, children are invited to engage in nature-inspired arts-and-crafts projects using recyclable materials.
Wed., March 7:
- 2018 One Health One Planet™ Opening Reception and Keynote | 5 – 9 p.m. | R.S.V.P required
This year's One Health One Planet event will open with an evening of tours, networking and a keynote by John Peterson “Pete” Myers, founder, CEO and chief scientist of Environmental Health Sciences, a not-for-profit organization that promotes public understanding of advances in scientific research on links between the environment and human health.
- Story Time Wednesdays | 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Kids will love listening to our storytellers weave tales about gardens, fruits, vegetables, animals and other fun topics.
Fri., March 9:
- Pot-a-Plant Fridays | 10:30 a.m. – noon
Every Friday, children are introduced to the important connections between people, plants and the planet by potting their own fun plants to take home.
- Enjoy the gardens by twilight; we're open until 10 p.m.!
Sat., March 10:
- Nature Lab and Observational Beehive Open Hours | 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Phipps' revolutionary non-toxic Nature Lab and observational beehive are now open for you to discover.
- Bees Please | 1:30 p.m.
Learn all about urban beekeeping.
Sun., March 11:
- Growing Decorative Container Grass | 1:30 p.m.
Learn how to grow decorative grass in containers.
Photos © Paul g. Wiegman