Become a Master Gardener
Master Gardeners assist Phipps with a broad array of horticulture-related projects and activities, with an emphasis on Phipps education and outreach programs. Upon selection, applicants participate in an intensive 2 semester training program which has an admission fee. They earn the title of Master Gardener while volunteering in such a capacity for Phipps after completing all classes and required volunteer hours, and successfully passing an exam. Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Answering Ask Dr. Phipps questions on the phone, by email or as part of in-person outreach events
- Performing garden maintenance at Phipps Garden Center and on community sites in conjunction with Phipps' Homegrown program
- Assist with education department special events and programs, such as Phipps greens sale and annual conferences
- Supporting educational programs as an instructor's aide
- Share horticultural information to the public through tabling, teaching classes, writing or other outlets
Download our application to get started!
All applications are due by Thurs., Sept. 22, 2022.
Photo © Paul g. Wiegman