2001

  • 2001

In 2001 Phipps merged with Pittsburgh Garden Place, formerly known as the Pittsburgh Civic Garden Center. Founded in 1935 in Schenley Park and later relocated to Mellon Park in the neighborhood of Shadyside, the Garden Place was the center of horticulture education in Pittsburgh. Renamed Phipps Garden Center after the merger, the venue continues to accommodate many of our adult education classes.