Spotlight: Favorite Winter Vegetables
You might feel like eating in season is impossible around here when it’s cold outside, but you might be surprised at how many vegetables are hardy enough for the cold. In fact, some are even better harvested after the cold weather has started. Today, we’re going to talk about one I’m sure you’ve all heard of: kale. Chances are, you either love it or you hate it. But even if the thought of the crunchy green stuff makes you want to run to greener pastures (where there isn’t any kale), you might just be doing it wrong. If salads and green juices don’t float your boat, try some of these variations on kale:
- Greens Gratin: there are handfuls and handfuls of greens in this, but you’d never notice from all the cheesy goodness.
- Kale Pesto Pasta: pesto like you’ve never had it before. Use whole wheat pasta to get another burst of nutrition.
- Turmeric Fried Eggs with Kale, Yogurt, and Bacon: green smoothies aren’t all kale has up its sleeve for breakfast!
- Avocado, Kale, and Pineapple Smoothie: okay, one smoothie. But this one is a creamy pineapple heaven.
- Kale Dressing (Stuffing): just trust me. This might be showing up on your Thanksgiving table again and again,