Children are invited to join one of the stars of "The Sleeping Beauty" for a fun, family creative movement class!
NOTE: All sessions are now SOLD OUT.
Calling all princesses and princes! On Sat., April 6, Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre and Let’s Move Pittsburgh invite children ages 3 – 7 to learn ballet basics with one of the stars of "The Sleeping Beauty" ballet at this hour-long creative movement class. Boys and girls will learn dance moves with the Lilac Fairy and PBT instructors and enjoy watching a brief vignette from the ballet. Stick around after the class to snap a photo with the Lilac Fairy and her bluebird friend.
As the featured April event of the Let's Move Pittsburgh program, Dancing with Sleeping Beauty brings children and grownups together for an hour of active fun with Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre instructors. Let's Move Pittsburgh recommends family fitness to improve children’s health in the region and bring families together.
- Admission is $45 for one adult and one child.
- You may register additional children for $10 each and additional adults for $20 each.
- Advance registration is required and tickets sell fast. Register now at the link below.
- Phipps members and PBT subscribers will receive an email with a discount code for this event.
- This class is recommended for children ages 3 – 7.
- Before attending the class, please remember to complete and submit your consent forms. Completed forms can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or brought to the Conservatory on the day of the event.
- Questions? Contact Jenna Bodnar at email@example.com.
Participants will also receive:
- Conservatory admission to enjoy the vibrant beauty of Phipps' Spring Flower Show: Gardens of the Rainbow
- A special discount to PBT's production of "The Sleeping Beauty," running Mother's Day weekend (May 10 – 12) at the Benedum Center.
Photo © Duane Rieder and Paul g. Wiegman, Artist Hannah Carter
More Events You’ll Enjoy