For Immediate Release: Wed., March 4
Contact: Joe Reed | Director of Marketing and Communications
412-622-6915, ext. 3801 | email@example.com
Pittsburgh, PA — On Sun., March 15 from 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., join Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens for the 2020 UPMC Health Plan Family Fun Fest. At this one-day-only event, guests will enjoy special activities from UPMC Health Plan and Let’s Move Pittsburgh throughout the conservatory, including games, crafts, healthy lifestyle tips and more, while getting a sneak peek of the new Spring Flower Show: Canopy of Color during the show's installation.
If you are a UPMC Health Plan member, you can receive 50% off the cost of up to four general admission tickets*. This event is open to the public, and all activities are free with admission!
Guests of all ages are invited to participate in the following activities:
- Learn how to make origami with the Origami Club of Pittsburgh from 12:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- Sample healthy smoothies at Phipps’ Botany Hall Kitchen from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Play fun games with Phipps staff in the Center for Sustainable Landscapes, including shuffle pucks, ring toss, giant Connect Four and more!
- Bring children to have their faces painted in the Tropical Forest Cuba exhibit
- Stop by UPMC Health Plan table for wellness resources, blood pressure and bone density screenings, and more.
- Tour Phipps’ groundbreaking Nature Lab healthy classroom from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Snap a photo at Let’s Move Pittsburgh’s 5-2-1-0 photo booth.
- Receive free giveaways and more!
UPMC Health Plan members receive 50% off the cost of up to four general admission tickets*. This event is a part of UPMC MyHealth Community, an initiative of UPMC Health Plan that supports public programs to help families and individuals achieve a healthy, well-rounded lifestyle. UPMC Health Plan Family Fun Fest is open to the public, and all activities are free with admission! For more information, visit phipps.conservatory.org.
About Phipps: Founded in 1893, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens in Pittsburgh, PA is a globally recognized green leader with a mission to inspire and educate all with the beauty and importance of plants; to advance sustainability and promote human and environmental well-being through action and research; and to celebrate its historic glasshouse. Encompassing 15 acres including a historic 14-room glasshouse, 23 distinct indoor and outdoor gardens and industry-leading sustainable architecture and operations, Phipps attracts more than half a million visitors annually from around the world. Learn more at phipps.conservatory.org.
Watch TEDx: What We Can Learn From an Old Glasshouse: A look at the evolving way we connect people to nature at Phipps, demonstrate how human and environmental health are inextricably connected, and show that to age gracefully, we must continually reinvent ourselves to evolve with the rest of the world.