Enjoy a day of fun, interactive activities presented by UPMC Health Plan.
Calling all families! On Sat., April 27 from 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., join us at Phipps for the 2019 UPMC Health Plan Family Fun Fest. At this one-day-only event, enjoy special activities from UPMC Health Plan and Let’s Move Pittsburgh throughout the conservatory, including games, crafts, healthy lifestyle tips and more, while while getting a sneak peek of the spectacular Summer Flower Show: Van Gogh in Bloom during the show's installation.
If you are a UPMC Health Plan member, you can receive 50% off the cost of up to four general admission tickets. This event is open to the public, and all activities are free with admission!
Guests of all ages are invited to enjoy these fun activities:
- Be surrounded by the soft, fluttering wings of delightful butterflies in Phipps’ Butterfly Forest.
- Play fun games with Phipps staff in the Center for Sustainable Landscapes.
- Create colorful, one-of-a-kind sand artwork at the outdoor station located adjacent to Tropical Forest Cuba.
- Make healthy smoothies at Phipps’ newly renovated Botany Hall Kitchen from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Purchase used spring flower bulbs at our final Used Bulb Sale of the year from 9:30 –11:30 a.m.
- Tour the Phipps Nature Lab from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Pick up health and wellness resources at one of several UPMC Health Plan booths.
- Snap a photo at Let’s Move Pittsburgh’s 5-2-1-0 photo booth.
- Participate in a Native Spring Perennials demonstration in the Palm Circle from 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- Receive free giveaways, and more!
This event is a part of UPMC MyHealth Community, an initiative of UPMC Health Plan that supports public programs to help families and individuals achieve a healthy, well-rounded lifestyle.
Select photos © Mark Regan, Paul g. Wiegman
More Events You’ll Enjoy
Saturdays; 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Except as NotedThe revolutionary Nature Lab at Phipps is now open for you to discover. Drop in during our Saturday open hours and a graduate of our Learning for a Greener Future high school internship will show you around. No advance reservation is required.