This Week at Phipps: March 13 – 19
There's always something new to see and do at Phipps! This weekly blog post provides a run-down of the latest happenings so you can plan your visit. Events listed below require no advance registration unless noted otherwise.
- Spring Flower Show: Enchanted Forest | Opens Sat., March 18
Explore the captivating beauty of vibrant spring blooms as forest animals awake from hibernation to welcome the season.
- Tropical Forest Congo
Explore some of Africa’s lushest landscapes and see botanical specimens never before showcased at Phipps.
- Make the Switch at Phipps! Green Power Drive
Switch your home electricity to 100% green power while visiting our Tropical Forest Conservatory and you can receive free Phipps membership!
- Learning for a Greener Future: A Youth Art Exhibition
In the CSL Green Gallery, enjoy artistic photos of Phipps taken by high school students from the Learning for a Greener Future internship program.
Mon., March 13:
- Make-a-Craft Mondays | 10:30 a.m. – noon
Create your very own Phipps masterpiece! Every Monday, children are invited to engage in nature-inspired arts-and-crafts projects using recyclable materials.
Wed., March 15:
- Story Time Wednesdays | 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Kids will love listening to our storytellers weave tales about gardens, fruits, vegetables, animals and other fun topics.
Fri., March 17:
- Pot-a-Plant Fridays | 10:30 a.m. – noon
Every Friday, children are introduced to the important connections between people, plants and the planet by potting their own fun plants to take home.
- Café Phipps Pop-Up Prix Fixe | Seatings available from 6 – 7 p.m. | R.S.V.P. required
Friday evenings, we're reinventing date night as our award-winning Café Phipps transforms into a gourmet restaurant. A delicious four-course meal provides the perfect prelude to a romantic stroll through the moonlit conservatory.
- Environmental Film Series: Growing Cities | 7 – 9 p.m.
Strap in for a road trip across America and meet dozens of men and women who are challenging the way we grow and distribute food. Post-film conversation will be led by staff from Phipps Conservatory.
- Enjoy the gardens by twilight; we're open until 10 p.m.!
Sat., March 18:
- SEED Classroom and Observational Beehive Open Hours | 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Phipps' revolutionary non-toxic SEED Classroom and observational beehive are now open for you to discover. Drop in!
- Public Program: Essential Oils | 1:30 p.m.
Discover the benefits of essential oils.
Sun., March 19:
- Public Program: African Foods | 1:30 p.m.
Learn how African food has been translated in the Americas.