Come out of the cold and into the mist as dramatic new displays highlight Phipps' astounding array of orchid varieties and classically trained bonsai.
Orchid and Tropical Bonsai Show Ticket Pre-Sale Coming Soon
Orchid and Tropical Bonsai Show tickets will be available soon. Stay tuned to this page for details!
The perfect remedy to a Pittsburgh winter's chill is a trip to the tropics of Phipps — and you'll be immersed in beauty and mystery when you visit the all-new Orchid and Tropical Bonsai Show: Into the Mist. This year's all-new engaging displays feature outstanding orchids and brilliant bonsai placed amid an evocative combination of water, mist and special lighting that provide a whole new way to enjoy fascinating specimens.
- Marvel at an 8-foot wall overflowing with mist as it glows with bold blue lighting in Palm Court
- Watch a whimsical waterfall trickle down boulders surrounded by shelves of beautiful bonsai
- Admire collection orchids in dozens of pretty pinks, creams and yellows as you walk through the Sunken Garden
- Journey through a misty pass in the Serpentine Room inspired by Japanese culture
- See striking silver plant material among carefully crafted cascade bonsai
- And much more!
Plus, guests at Into the Mist can enjoy the delightful displays of Garden Railroad: Pennsylvania Through the Four Seasons. Featuring whimsical recreations of beloved Pennsylvania outdoor activities, our Garden Railroad is sure to delight guests of all ages.
Orchid and Tropical Bonsai Show: Into the Mist, designed by Associate Director of Exhibits Jordyn Melino, Director of Horticulture Ben Dunigan and Orchid Display Horticulturist Giovanny Giraldo, runs from Jan. 13 – March 3. Plan your tropical escape!
Photos © Phil Johnson II and Paul g. Wiegman