Children are invited to join the star of "Beauty and the Beast" for a fun family creative movement class!
Calling all princesses and princes! On Sun., Jan. 26, be our guest as Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre and Let’s Move Pittsburgh invite children ages 3 – 7 to learn ballet basics with Beauty, the star of "Beauty and the Beast" at this hour-long creative movement class. Boys and girls will learn dance moves with Beauty and PBT instructors and enjoy watching a brief ballet demonstration by PBT School students. Stick around after the class to snap a photo with the princess herself. Please note the 11 a.m. session is now sold out.
As the featured January event of Let's Move Pittsburgh, Beauty and the Ballet brings children and grownups together for an hour of active fun with Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre instructors. Let's Move Pittsburgh recommends family fitness to improve children’s health in the region.
- Admission is $45 for one adult and one child.
- You may register additional children for $10 each and additional adults for $20 each.
- Advance registration is required and tickets sell fast. Register now at the link below.
- Phipps members and PBT subscribers will receive an email with a discount code for this event.
- This class is recommended for children ages 3 – 7.
- Before attending the class, please remember to complete and submit your consent forms. Completed forms can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or brought to the Conservatory on the day of the event.
- Questions? Contact Jenna Bodnar at email@example.com.
Participants will also receive:
- Same-day Conservatory admission to enjoy the vibrant beauty of Phipps' Orchid and Tropical Bonsai Show: Out of This World.
- A special discount to PBT's production of "Beauty and the Beast,", presented by PNC, running over Valentine’s Day (Feb. 14 – 23) at the Benedum Center.
Photo © Duane Rieder and Phil Johnson II, Artist: Hannah Carter
More Out of This World Events
Opens Sat., Jan 18Blast off into a galaxy of garden goodness in this stellar new show as you enjoy the colors and shapes of hundreds of otherworldly orchids and our cosmic collection of tropical bonsai.
FRI., JAN. 31; 7 – 9 P.M.; BOTANY HALL AUDITORIUMJoin us on Fri., Jan. 31 from 7 – 9 p.m. in Botany Hall Auditorium at Phipps for a screening of Disney Pixar's WALL·E, and enjoy a stroll through Phipps' space-themed Orchid and Tropical Bonsai Show: Out of this World.
SAT., FEB. 8; 11 A.M. – 3 P.M.Join us for a celebration of the culture and plants of Cuba! Enjoy activities, live entertainment, Cuban food samples, and a chance to meet our Botany in Action Fellows to learn about their exciting field work around the globe, free with Phipps admission.
FRI., FEB. 28; 7 – 9 P.M.; BOTANY HALL AUDITORIUMJoin us on Fri., Feb. 28 from 7 – 9 p.m. in Botany Hall Auditorium at Phipps for a screening of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, and enjoy a stroll through Phipps' space-themed Orchid and Tropical Bonsai Show: Out of this World.
Fri., Feb. 28; 7 p.m.Enjoy an inspiring, delightful gourmet meal that takes a fresh look at foods too good to waste. Each plate of this abundant four-course meal takes an ingredient that is often overlooked or discarded and transforms it into an innovative, flavorful dish.