For Immediate Release: Tues., March 26
Contact: Julie LaBar | Director of Marketing and Communications
412/638-6008 ǀ email@example.com
Phipps Conservatory Announces Exciting New Roster of Summer Camps
Budding young minds will have fun exploring the beauty and wonders of nature all summer long
Pittsburgh, PA — This summer, families can immerse their little explorers in a world of discovery, exploration and fun at Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens through a full lineup of interactive summer camp programs for kids ages 2 – 13. A wide variety of new program activities and themes are available all summer long, including full day camps beginning Mon., June 10.
Phipps’ summer camps provide engaging activities for kids to explore exciting science-related topics, including plants, animals and ecosystems through unique, tailored programs ranging from A Bug’s World and Outdoor Art Explorers to Phipps to Table cooking classes. Each session includes hands-on activities personalized to each child that will strengthen their connections to nature, plus healthy snacks and take-home crafts.
Phipps’ Summer Camps Overview:
- Little Sprouts camps are tailored to ages 2 – 4, with openings available in My Five Senses, My First Veggie Garden, We Like Dirt, Superhero Bugs, Wonderful Worms, Fairies Exploring Habitats, Silly Snails, My First Flower Garden and Remarkable Rocks camps.
- Seedling Scientists camps are developed for ages 4 – 6 and include A Bug’s World, Animal Habitats, Fairytale Forest, Backyard Art and The Journey of the Butterflies programs.
- Budding Botanists camps are geared for ages 6 – 8, featuring Decode Nature, Phipps to Table and Becoming Scientists programs.
- Rockin’ Researchers camps appeal to ages 6 – 10 and offerings include Pollination City and Outdoor Art Explorers.
- Older children ages 9 – 13 will enjoy Phipps’ immersive Science Sleuths: Conservation Crew program, providing a week of incredible scientific discoveries at Phipps’ lush gardens.
Summer camps begin June 10, with a variety of kids programs available year round. Spaces are limited and advance reservations are required. For a complete listing of summer camps at Phipps and to register, visit phipps.conservatory.org/camps.
About Phipps: Founded in 1893, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens in Pittsburgh, PA is a globally recognized green leader with a mission to inspire and educate all with the beauty and importance of plants; to advance sustainability and promote human and environmental well-being through action and research; and to celebrate its historic glasshouse. Encompassing 15 acres including a historic 14-room glasshouse, 23 distinct indoor and outdoor gardens and industry-leading sustainable architecture and operations, Phipps attracts nearly half a million visitors annually from around the world. Learn more at phipps.conservatory.org.
Select photos © Cory Doman, Phil Johnson II