For Immediate Release: Mon., April 18
Contact: Joe Reed | Director of Marketing and Communications
412-622-6915, ext. 3801 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Phipps Conservatory Offers a New Season of Classes in Gardening, Culinary Arts and More
Students Can Now Enroll in a Variety of Phipps Classes as May – August Season Kicks Off
Photo © Phil Johnson II
Pittsburgh, PA — Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens is thrilled to offer dozens of new classes for adults in both virtual and in-person formats! From gardening to floral design to culinary arts, there is truly something for everyone to enjoy. Phipps’ course schedule now includes both in-person and virtual classes, providing learning opportunities to suit a broad array or lifestyles.
The following are a few of the courses being offered to students. Please note that classes with ^ are held virtually via Zoom:
- Native Herbaceous Plants | Thursdays: June 2, 9, 16, 23
- ^ Backyard Gardening Series: Easy to Grow Backyard Fruit | Wednesday, April 27
- ^ Botanical Drawing I (2 sessions available)
- Saturdays: June 11, 18 and July 9
- Wednesdays: June 8, 15, 22 and 29, July 6 and 13
- Cool Recipes for Hot Days: Fish Tacos with Fresh Salsa | Tues., May 17
- ^ Phipps Flower Club:
- Early Season | Tuesdays: May 31; June 14, 28; July 12, 26
- Late Season | Tuesdays: Aug. 9, 23; Sept 6, 20; Oct. 4
- ^ Taste of the Season: June: Strawberry Gazpacho and Kohlrabi Salad | Thurs., June 2
For full class descriptions and more class options, visit phipps.conservatory.org/Learn. For more details about Phipps' programs or to receive personalized class recommendations from Phipps' helpful staff, please contact email@example.com.
About Phipps: Founded in 1893, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens in Pittsburgh, PA is a globally recognized green leader with a mission to inspire and educate all with the beauty and importance of plants; to advance sustainability and promote human and environmental well-being through action and research; and to celebrate its historic glasshouse. Encompassing 15 acres including a historic 14-room glasshouse, 23 distinct indoor and outdoor gardens and industry-leading sustainable architecture and operations, Phipps attracts more than half a million visitors annually from around the world. Learn more at phipps.conservatory.org.
Watch TEDx: What We Can Learn From an Old Glasshouse: A look at the evolving way we connect people to nature at Phipps, demonstrate how human and environmental health are inextricably connected, and show that to age gracefully, we must continually reinvent ourselves to evolve with the rest of the world.