For Immediate Release: Wed., Nov. 1
Contact: Joe Reed | Senior Director of Communications
412-622-6915, ext. 3801 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Holiday Magic! Winter Flower Show And Light Garden Opens Fri., Nov. 17
Phipps Conservatory Invites Families to Enjoy Beloved Pittsburgh Holiday Tradition
Pittsburgh, PA — Pittsburgh’s holiday experience is back and brighter than ever at Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens’ Holiday Magic! Winter Flower Show and Light Garden, opening Fri., Nov. 17. With a charming theme of "Season’s Greenings," this year's show is sure to captivate guests with wonderful winter themes and lovely lights throughout. Phipps has pulled out all the stops for this year's Winter Flower Show with magnificent new displays featuring holiday trees adorned in jewel tones, exquisitely detailed props and our signature floral delights, including amaryllis, orchids and 21 varieties of poinsettias. Plus, the beauty isn't just indoors, our celebrated Winter Light Garden fills our Outdoor and Discovery Gardens with spectacular lights in vivid shades that will awe guests of all ages.
New features for 2023 include:
- a gorgeous greeting into the holiday season, with marvelous metallics, twinkling trees and fantastic flora;
- a 7-foot tree decked out in warm white lights and striking jewel tones atop oversized gift boxes;
- a flickering fireplace beside a topiary cat curled up on a succulent armchair;
- a floral color scheme of light pink, blue and silver in planter boxes around a frosty tree comprised of dazzling LED orbs shining bright;
- a Winter Solstice-inspired display brought to life with glowing ring frames rising above cut branches, fierce red and orange flora, and a 10' tall red anthurium tree;
- whimsical gnomes constructed from dried plant material decorating a tree with berry garlands, mushrooms and pinecones;
- spectacular LED fireworks glimmer over a sea of poinsettias in bold hues of pink, lime green, peach and blue;
- a new "singing tree" in our Winter Light Garden that reacts to your caroling;
- and much more.
The new Garden Railroad: Pennsylvania Through the Four Seasons is still on display! This miniature world of trains, buildings and landscapes showcase the four seasons as experienced in distinctive PA fashion. Featuring countless beloved Pennsylvania activities with distinct features and landscapes.
Members and children under the age of two enter free. All member and nonmember tickets must be reserved in advance. Learn more and reserve tickets at phipps.conservatory.org/Tickets.
Holiday Magic! Winter Show and Light Garden, designed by Associate Director of Exhibits Jordyn Melino, opens Fri., Nov. 17 and runs through Sun., Jan. 7. Visit the Phipps website for hours and admission details.
About Phipps: Founded in 1893, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens in Pittsburgh, PA is a globally recognized green leader with a mission to inspire and educate all with the beauty and importance of plants; to advance sustainability and promote human and environmental well-being through action and research; and to celebrate its historic glasshouse. Encompassing 15 acres including a historic 14-room glasshouse, 23 distinct indoor and outdoor gardens and industry-leading sustainable architecture and operations, Phipps attracts more than half a million visitors annually from around the world. Learn more at phipps.conservatory.org.
Watch TEDx: What We Can Learn From an Old Glasshouse: A look at the evolving way we connect people to nature at Phipps, demonstrate how human and environmental health are inextricably connected, and show that to age gracefully, we must continually reinvent ourselves to evolve with the rest of the world.