For Immediate Release: Mon., June 4
Contact: Julie LaBar | Director of Marketing and Communications
412/622-6915, ext. 3801 ǀ email@example.com
New Series of Interactive, Engaging Summer Camps Available at Phipps Conservatory
Budding young minds will have fun exploring the beauty and wonders of nature all summer long.
Pittsburgh, Pa. — This summer, immerse young explorers in the incredible world of Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens through an exciting line-up of new camp themes and expanded programs. Summer camp sessions begin Mon., June 11 and are open to children ages 2 – 13, uniquely tailored to meet the needs of each participant.
Kids will have fun learning about ecology, conservation, healthy lifestyles and more through an expansive selection of summer camp themes at Phipps. Each session includes personalized hands-on activities and games, plus nutritious snacks and take-home crafts.
- Little Sprouts camps are tailored to ages 2 – 4 with openings currently available in My Five Senses, Wonderful Worms, Fairies Exploring Habitats, Silly Snails, My First Flower Garden and Remarkable Rocks sessions.
- Seedling Scientists appeal to ages 4 – 6 and offers A Bug’s World, Healthy Summer Garden and Games, Fairytale Forest and The Journey of the Butterflies sessions.
- Budding Botanists camps are designed for ages 6 – 8, featuring Pollination City and Phipps to Table camps.
- Older kids ages 9 – 13 will enjoy Phipps’ Science Sleuths Conservation Crew session.
Additionally, Phipps has expanded summer programming with two new camps now open:
- Rockin’ Researchers (ages 6 – 10) provides full-day, week-long camp sessions, including Decode Nature where children can learn about fish, birds and insects in the Pittsburgh region and Habitat Vacation where campers can explore desert and tropical forest biomes while interacting with Phipps’ research station.
- Common Threads: Cooking Skills and World Cuisine (ages 8 – 12) introduces students to the culture and cuisine of a variety of countries in Phipps’ Botany Hall Kitchen. In the new demonstration kitchen, students will learn how to follow a recipe and prepare delicious, healthy meals.
Advance registration is required. For a full listing of summer camps at Phipps and to register, visit phipps.conservatory.org/camps.
About Phipps: Founded in 1893, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens in Pittsburgh, Pa. is a green leader among public gardens with a mission to inspire and educate all with the beauty and importance of plants; to advance sustainability and promote human and environmental well-being through action and research; and to celebrate its historic glasshouse. Phipps commemorates its 125th anniversary throughout 2018, celebrating its historic past, vibrant present and exciting future ahead — including inspiring seasonal flower shows, community events, public programs and groundbreaking green innovation. Learn more at phipps.conservatory.org.
Photos © Paul g. Wiegman