For Immediate Release: Wed., Feb. 16
Contact: Joe Reed | Director of Marketing and Communications
412-622-6915, ext. 3801 | email@example.com
Phipps Conservatory Announces Summer Flower Show: Monet in Bloom
Experience the art of Claude Monet brought to life in vibrant new show
Pittsburgh, PA –Starting Sat., May 7, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens is presenting Monet in Bloom, a Summer Flower Show inspired by the works of impressionist painter Claude Monet. In this spectacular new exhibit — which follows in the footsteps of Phipps’ blockbuster Van Gogh in Bloom show in 2019 — our gardens will bring three-dimensional life to Monet's breathtaking scenes of delicate flora and dreamlike design. Vivid botanical displays will place you directly into stunning scenes from the artist’s own beloved paintings that have stood the test of time for 100 years.
- Pass under recreations of gorgeous arbors from Monet's own garden in Giverny, France, painted in Monet's signature green and covered with annual vines and garden bed mixes as you make your way to the Conservatory entrance
- View Water Lilies recreated with lobelia, begonias and other flowers in a giant vertical mural in our Welcome Center
- Step through an oversized picture frame to meet The Woman in Green rendered as a green and black striped topiary against a black foliage backdrop in our Palm Court
- Stop at The Saint-Lazare Station as our Sunken Garden is reimagined to hold a massive train with bugleweed tracks and steam billows made from hanging baskets of dusty miller and verbena
- See Monet's Studio Boat as it floats in our Victoria Room pond surrounded by beds of impatiens, begonias and other colorful blooms
- Recreate The Artist's Garden at Vétheuil by posing for a photo by a vintage wagon between tall plantings of canna, everlastings and sunflowers
- Explore the artist's garden at Giverny and meet the Woman with a Parasol as arbors arch skyward and Monet-green benches invite relaxation in our South Conservatory
- Float through the Serpentine Room amid ponds of Water Lilies, a Japanese footbridge and purple dahlias, and a special surprise at the end of the path.
Monet in Bloom is a masterpiece you can luxuriate within, a moving combination of art and nature that will allow you to see both in a new light. Don't miss this one-of-a-kind, all-ages experience that only Phipps can provide!
Summer Flower Show: Monet in Bloom was designed by Associate Director of Exhibits Jordyn Melino. The show runs from May 7 – Sept. 25. Phipps is open from 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily and until 10 p.m. Fridays. Timed tickets must be reserved in advance and will be available for presale in April. For more information and to reserve tickets, visit phipps.conservatory.org/Monet.
About Phipps: Founded in 1893, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens in Pittsburgh, PA is a globally recognized green leader with a mission to inspire and educate all with the beauty and importance of plants; to advance sustainability and promote human and environmental well-being through action and research; and to celebrate its historic glasshouse. Encompassing 15 acres including a historic 14-room glasshouse, 23 distinct indoor and outdoor gardens and industry-leading sustainable architecture and operations, Phipps attracts more than half a million visitors annually from around the world. Learn more at phipps.conservatory.org.
Watch TEDx: What We Can Learn From an Old Glasshouse: A look at the evolving way we connect people to nature at Phipps, demonstrate how human and environmental health are inextricably connected, and show that to age gracefully, we must continually reinvent ourselves to evolve with the rest of the world.