Aquatic Gardens

Back to Map

Located on the east side of the Conservatory outside of the Victoria Room are the Aquatic Gardens. Open during the summer months, these two formal pools are filled with hardy and tropical water plants, as well as a variety of floating flora. Standing watch over the pools is a statue of Neptune, Roman god of the sea, which was presented to Phipps shortly after our glasshouse opened in 1893.

Photos @ Paul g. Wiegman