We are offering an exciting lineup of in-person field trips for school, homeschool, scout and other education groups. While meeting Pennsylvania standards, these programs use botany and ecology to inspire learning. Field trips can be modified to meet the needs of individual groups, each generally consisting of a 45 minute learning session followed by a self-guided tour.
In-person field trip admission rates and regulations are as follows:
- Summer community engagement field trip programming is offered Sept. 11 – Nov. 17, 2023
- $8 per student
- Includes a 45-minute field trip and self-guided tour
- One adult admitted free for every eight youths; $17 for each additional adult
- Classroom programming and indoor lunch spaces available for less than 80 youth; $30 per 40 youths per reservation.
- Self-guided programming available for a maximum of 200 youths; Classroom programming available for a maximum of 80 youth.
- Phipps memberships are not transferable to youth field trip programming.
Contact 412-441-4442 ext. 3925 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book a field trip or for more information about programs in the new school year.
Apples and Pumpkins
Grades Pre-K – 2
Discover the world of delicious fall produce and investigate the anatomy of the apple and pumpkins.
Grades 3 – 6
This program immerses participants in the world of meat-eating plants as they observe various species, and learn how and why these carnivores eat insects, tadpoles and small fish.
Habitats Game Show
Grades 3 – 5
Learn how animals and plants depend on their habitat through an interactive game!