For Immediate Release: Tues., Jan. 15
Contact: Julie LaBar | Director of Marketing and Communications
412/638-6008 ǀ email@example.com
Phipps Conservatory Announces Weddings Showcase Event for Newly Engaged Couples
A top wedding destination in Pittsburgh, Phipps plans open house and provides additional wedding planning resources
Pittsburgh, PA — Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens is the venue of choice for hundreds of wedding proposals, showers, photo shoots, ceremonies and receptions each year. With 40% of couples celebrating their engagement from Thanksgiving through Valentine’s Day, each beginning their search for the best location to say “I do,” engagement season is in full bloom at Phipps.
Chosen for its natural beauty, breathtaking spaces and environmentally-friendly options, Phipps has been named the Best Garden Wedding Venue in the World by Elle UK and Harper’s Bazaar, in addition to being honored with The Knot’s 2018 Best Of Weddings Award and Wedding Wire’s 2018 Couple’s Choice Award. From scenic Special Events Hall, which provides spectacular, panoramic views to the intimate Broderie Room, which transports guests to a serene French garden, Phipps’ variety of unique venue spaces can be personalized for any occasion.
To help couples plan the day of their dreams, the second annual Phipps Weddings Showcase will occur on Sun., Feb. 24 from 6 – 9 p.m. Attendees will enjoy a wonderful evening at Phipps while meeting with event planning experts, photographers, florists, musicians, bakers and other contacts who specialize in creating memorable wedding experiences. Phipps Weddings Showcase is open to engaged couples and immediate family members who are planning a wedding shower, ceremony or reception. Admission is $15 per person and reservations are required by Mon., Feb. 18 at phipps.conservatory.org.
2019 Weddings Showcase highlights include:
- Champagne, delicious hors d'oeuvres and dessert samples
- Beautiful ceremony and reception setups for an inspiring, up-close look at some of the amazing possibilities a Phipps wedding can offer
- The chance to win prizes, including photo sessions at Phipps, Phipps memberships and special wedding planning gifts
- Music and guest speakers
- Exclusive discounts on rentals
- Plus full access to enjoy the entire conservatory after-hours by evening light
Phipps also provides the following tools and resources to assist engaged couples:
- Top Sustainable Weddings Tips — As experts in all things green, the Phipps Events Team is here to help you make your wedding day sustainable, beautiful, comfortable and convenient. From the venue and food to linens and everything in between, read here to learn top planning tips to ensure your wedding includes sustainable practices that will be good for your guests, good for the planet and make the world a better, more beautiful place — Read here
- Weddings Photo Gallery — View a photo gallery of stunning wedding celebrations at Phipps to gather ideas including room décor, table presentations and the perfect color palette — View here
- Weddings Under Glass Profiles — Be inspired by couples who have tied the knot at Phipps, hearing their personal stories and the unique ways they made their special day complete — Read here
Ready to dream? Contact our team! Call 412/315-0685, email firstname.lastname@example.org or text or live chat with a member of the Phipps Weddings events team. Learn more at phipps.conservatory.org/weddings.
About Phipps: Founded in 1893, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens in Pittsburgh, Pa. is a green leader among public gardens with a mission to inspire and educate all with the beauty and importance of plants; to advance sustainability and promote human and environmental well-being through action and research; and to celebrate its historic glasshouse. Learn more: phipps.conservatory.org.
Photos © Leeann Marie Photography