This Week at Phipps: March 20 – 26
There's always something new to see and do at Phipps! This weekly blog post provides a run-down of the latest happenings so you can plan your visit. Events listed below require no advance registration unless noted otherwise.
- Spring Flower Show: Enchanted Forest
Explore the captivating beauty of vibrant spring blooms as forest animals awake from hibernation to welcome the season.
- Tropical Forest Congo
Explore some of Africa’s lushest landscapes and see botanical specimens never before showcased at Phipps.
- Make the Switch at Phipps! Green Power Drive
Switch your home electricity to 100% green power while visiting our Tropical Forest Conservatory and you can receive free Phipps membership!
- Learning for a Greener Future: A Youth Art Exhibition
In the CSL Green Gallery, enjoy artistic photos of Phipps taken by high school students from the Learning for a Greener Future internship program.
Mon., March 20:
- Make-a-Craft Mondays | 10:30 a.m. – noon
Create your very own Phipps masterpiece! Every Monday, children are invited to engage in nature-inspired arts-and-crafts projects using recyclable materials.
Wed., March 22:
- Story Time Wednesdays | 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Kids will love listening to our storytellers weave tales about gardens, fruits, vegetables, animals and other fun topics.
Fri., March 24:
- Little Sprouts: Our Desert Adventure | 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.or 11 a.m. – noon | Ages 2 – 4 | R.S.V.P. required
Discover what makes a desert habitat so special in this one-hour camp for preschoolers.
- Pot-a-Plant Fridays | 10:30 a.m. – noon
Every Friday, children are introduced to the important connections between people, plants and the planet by potting their own fun plants to take home.
- Kids Night Out: Painting at Phipps | 6 – 8 p.m. | Ages 4 – 11 | R.S.V.P. required
Young visitors will be inspired by the beauty of nature and paint their own masterpieces in an exciting evening filled with scientific exploration and art.
- Enjoy the Conservatory by twilight; we're open until 10 p.m.!
Sat., March 25:
- SEED Classroom and Observational Beehive Open Hours | 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Phipps' revolutionary non-toxic SEED Classroom and observational beehive are now open for you to discover. Drop in!
- Bonsai | 1:30 p.m.
Receive expert advice on training bonsai.
Sun., March 26:
- March with Spring Time | 1:30 p.m.
Learn how to create early spring floral arrangements.