This Week at Phipps: July 18 – 24
- There's always something new to see and do at Phipps! This weekly blog post provides a run-down of the latest happenings so you can plan your visit. Events listed below require no advance registration unless noted otherwise.
- Tropical Forest Hawai‘i: Aloha ‘Aina
Tropical Forest Hawai‘i: Aloha ‘Aina invites guests to take an exciting, immersive journey through the rich history, nature and culture of the Hawaiian archipelago.
- Summer Flower Show: Monet in Bloom
In this spectacular new show, our summer displays will give three-dimensional life to Monet's breathtaking scenes of delicate flora and dreamlike design — beloved works that have stood the test of time for 100 years.
- Butterfly Forest
Butterfly Forest awes visitors with an up-close look of some of nature's most prized pollinators alongside the blossoming flowers that feed them.
- From the Same Bulb: 2005 – 2022, an Exhibit by Sue Abramson
From the Same Bulb focuses on Sue Abramson's photographic work with the elephant ear (Colocasia esculenta) over the span of 17 years.
- Planets Earth Virtual Exhibit
A dynamic exhibit at the Center for Sustainable Landscapes (and now online) addresses the pressing environmental issues of our time and proposes a new way of thinking about how to solve them.
Wed., July 20:
- In-Person Story Time | 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Kids will love visiting Phipps to listen to our storyteller weave tales about gardens, fruits, vegetables, animals and other fun topics. Attend weekly sessions with a special child in your life!
Thurs., July 21:
- Plant Foward Kitchen: Plant Forward Picnic | 6 – 7:30 p.m.
Expand your plant forward kitchen from every day to all occasions. We will go over all kinds of meals, from a picnic in the park to a backyard BBQ to a gourmet meal to a weeknight family dinner at home
- Pen and Ink l | 6 – 9 p.m.
Join our botaincal art and illustration students as they create tonal and semi-schematic drawings with pen and ink.
Fri., July 22:
- Tropical Beverages: Cocktails and Mocktails from the Tropics | 6 – 7:30 p.m.
Grab a partner and join Drew Cranisky and Hanna Mosca for this at home- experience in this virtual, hands-on tropical cocktail workshop.
Photo © Paul Vladuchick and Paul g. Wiegman