For Immediate Release: Tues., June 18
Contact: Julie LaBar | Director of Marketing and Communications
412/622-6915, ext. 3801 ǀ email@example.com
Let’s Move Pittsburgh Summer Fun Days Coming to Phipps Conservatory
Additional free-with-admission activities planned this summer for families.
Pittsburgh, PA — Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens will host Let’s Move Pittsburgh Summer Fun Days Mon., June 24 – Fri., June 28 for five days of action-filled activities that will have the whole family moving, discovering and exploring, all while having tons of fun. Guests will enjoy themed games, crafts, fitness fun, stories, snacks and more throughout the Conservatory, all free with admission.
Let's Move Pittsburgh, a healthy lifestyle program of Phipps, is committed to leading children toward a healthier future, and they can help your family lead the way at 2019 Summer Fun Days!
- Mon., June 24 – Planting the Seed healthy snack and story (10 – 10:30 a.m.), Seeds of Change activity stations (10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.), Yoga Family Fitness (1:30 – 2:30 p.m.).
- Tues., June 25 – The World of Water healthy snack and story (10 – 10:30 a.m.), Wonderful Water activity stations (10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.), Hip Hop Family Fitness (1:30 – 2:30 p.m.).
- Wed., June 26 – Weeds and Needs healthy snack and story (10 – 10:30 a.m.), Story Time (10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.), Root for Healthy Flavors activity stations (10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.), Yoga Family Fitness (1:30 – 2:30 p.m.).
- Thurs., June 27 – Happy Harvest healthy snack and story (10 – 10:30 a.m.), Healthy Garden Harvest activity stations (10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.), Hip Hop Family Fitness (1:30 – 2:30 p.m.).
- Fri., June 28 – Seeds, Peels and Skins healthy snack and story (10–10:30 a.m.), Pot-a-Plant (10:30 a.m.–noon), Powerful Peels and Wiggly Worms activity stations (10:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.), Yoga Family Fitness (1:30–2:30 p.m.).
- Daily (10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.) – Family activities with Kidsburgh: Participate in hands-on craft activities including recycled paper flowers, origami monster bookmarks and kid-friendly circuitry kits.
- Daily (10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.) – UPMC Health Plan Mobile Screening: Measure your height, weight and get free blood pressure and bone density screenings from UPMC Health Plan.
- During their visit, guests will also experience Phipps’ blockbuster Summer Flower Show: Van Gogh in Bloom, be surrounded by butterflies and their favorite blooms in Butterfly Forest and more.
To view the full event schedule, visit: https://www.phipps.conservatory.org/calendar/detail/lets-move-pittsburgh-summer-fun-days
Let’s Move Pittsburgh Summer Fun Days are open to the public and all activities are free with admission. Hours are 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily and until 10 p.m. on Fridays. Admission is $17.95 for adults, $16.95 for seniors and students, and $11.95 for children (2 – 18). Members and kids under 2 enter free.
About Let’s Move Pittsburgh: Let’s Move Pittsburgh, a healthy lifestyle program of Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens supported by UPMC Health Plan, brings together organizations, healthcare providers, educators, parents and caregivers in southwestern Pennsylvania to lead children toward a healthier future. Learn about Let’s Move Pittsburgh’s programs including upcoming family-friendly events, 5-2-1-0 initiative, grantmaking initiatives, Green Light Foods app, professional symposia, speaker series and health and wellness resources at letsmovepittsburgh.org.
About Phipps: Founded in 1893, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens in Pittsburgh, PA is a globally recognized green leader with a mission to inspire and educate all with the beauty and importance of plants; to advance sustainability and promote human and environmental well-being through action and research; and to celebrate its historic glasshouse. Encompassing 15 acres including a historic 14-room glasshouse, 23 distinct indoor and outdoor gardens and industry-leading sustainable architecture and operations, Phipps attracts nearly half a million visitors annually from around the world. Learn more at phipps.conservatory.org.