This Week at Phipps: March 27 – April 2
There's always something new to see and do at Phipps! This weekly blog post provides a run-down of the latest happenings so you can plan your visit. Events listed below require no advance registration unless noted otherwise.
- Spring Flower Show: Enchanted Forest | Through Sun., April 16 Only
Explore the captivating beauty of vibrant spring blooms as forest animals awake from hibernation to welcome the season.
- Tropical Forest Congo
Explore some of Africa’s lushest landscapes and see botanical specimens never before showcased at Phipps.
- Make the Switch at Phipps! Green Power Drive
Switch your home electricity to 100% green power while visiting our Tropical Forest Conservatory and you can receive free Phipps membership!
- Learning for a Greener Future: A Youth Art Exhibition
In the CSL Green Gallery, enjoy artistic photos of Phipps taken by high school students from the Learning for a Greener Future internship program.
Mon., March 27:
- Make-a-Craft Mondays | 10:30 a.m. – noon
Create your very own Phipps masterpiece! Every Monday, children are invited to engage in nature-inspired arts-and-crafts projects using recyclable materials.
Wed., March 29:
- Story Time Wednesdays | 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Kids will love listening to our storytellers weave tales about gardens, fruits, vegetables, animals and other fun topics.
Fri., March 31:
- Pot-a-Plant Fridays | 10:30 a.m. – noon
Every Friday, children are introduced to the important connections between people, plants and the planet by potting their own fun plants to take home.
- Enjoy the gardens by twilight; we're open until 10 p.m.!
Sat., April 1:
- Used Bulb Sale | 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Take a piece of Spring Flower Show home with you by participating in this special annual sale. This year, select orchids will also be sold!
- Healthy Eating for Kids | 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Learn smart eating and activity tips from Let's Move Pittsburgh.
- SEED Classroom and Observational Beehive Open Hours | 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Phipps' revolutionary non-toxic SEED Classroom and observational beehive are now open for you to discover. Drop in!
- Origami | 1:30 p.m.
Fold paper flowers with the Origami Club of Pittsburgh.
Sun., April 2:
- Growing Spring Grass for Home Decorations | 1:30 p.m.
Learn how to grow spring grass in this free-with-admission presentation.