Enter a spectacular kaleidoscope of color as tens of thousands of spring blooms burst forth in all the season's vibrant hues.
Phipps is open for regular business hours this holiday weekend, including Easter Sunday:
Fri., April 19 | 9:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Sat., April 20 | 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sun., April 21 | 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Mon., April 22 | 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Valet services will be available on the dates listed below for a $10 flat rate.
Fri., April 19
Sat., April 20
Sun., April 21
Don’t miss Phipps’ new show that’s bursting with color! Experience nature's most beautiful spring blooms in a dazzling celebration of the season, highlighting the spectrum of vibrant floral hues and captivating scents throughout the conservatory.
In Gardens of the Rainbow, guests will:
- Marvel at the giant 9-foot-tall topiary peacock in the South Conservatory, dramatically showcasing nature’s breathtaking colorful patterns
- Stroll along a winding rainbow road of spring floral favorites and stunning prisms in the Serpentine Room
- Look and listen as the sounds of chirping chicks accompany bird-themed plants in brilliant red, orange, yellow and peach in the Sunken Garden
- Make water jump and dance among captivating prism sculptures through a giant interactive fountain in the Victoria Room
- Look through the eyes of bees and butterflies as supersized sculptures show how flowers appear to them
- Explore nature through a fun, interactive kaleidoscope of blooms, combining colors to create new and exciting sights in the East Room
- Experience the rare spectacle of Himalayan blue poppies when they bloom
- Participate in a rainbow scavenger hunt, engaging “prism play” and suncatcher craft-making activities through daily free-with-admission kids Discovery programs;
- Watch as the interplay of colors and light make one of Pittsburgh’s most Instagrammable spots even more stunning;
- And much more!
Making the Peacock Fly
Watch a time lapse video of the installation of our South Conservatory display, featuring a 9-foot-tall topiary peacock!
A new level of sensory splendor awaits through abundant beds of tulips, hydrangeas, daffodils, snapdragons, primula, lilies and additional spring floral favorites in a marvelous rainbow of color. From warm oranges and yellows to cool blues and show-stopping silvers, these breathtaking displays creatively capture the bright, brilliant spectrum of spring.
You’ll be inspired by all of the colorful sights, scents and aromatic delights awaiting you at every turn in Phipps' all-new Spring Flower Show. Plan your visit today to experience Gardens of Rainbow, making new memories at this season’s can’t miss event that will last a lifetime.
Spring Flower Show: Gardens of the Rainbow, designed by Associate Director of Exhibits Jordyn Melino, runs Sat., March 23 – Sun., April 21. Hours are 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily and until 10 p.m. on Fridays. Admission is $17.95 for adults, $16.95 for seniors and students, and $11.95 for children (2 – 18). Members and kids under 2 enter free.
Buy Tickets Online
For your convenience, you may now buy your Phipps tickets online in advance of your visit.
Underwritten in Part by
Photos © Paul g. Wiegman, Phil Johnson II
More Events You’ll Enjoy
Saturdays; 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Except as NotedThe revolutionary Nature Lab at Phipps is now open for you to discover. Drop in during our Saturday open hours and a graduate of our Learning for a Greener Future high school internship will show you around. No advance reservation is required.