Sustainable Citizenship Portal
Learn how to make a positive impact on your community through a variety of environmental topics including a virtual sustainable citizen field trip, environmentally friendly crafts and Allegheny County eco-friendly school spotlights.
Virtual Sustainable Citizenship Field Trip
Learn strategies and create projects to make a difference in the community and in nature, while investigating a case study on monarch butterflies.
Browse the blog posts below for ideas on how to inspire kids to become sustainable citizens.
Sustainable Citizenship Blog Posts
- Breathing in the Burgh Part 3: What We Can Do to Help
- In Honor of Shark Week Reconsider Plastic
- Bringing the Wild World into the Classroom
Champion Schools Blog Posts
- Real Kids Real Food
- Center Elementary School: Growing a Healthy and Eco-Friendly School Community
- Curtisville Primary: A Walking Club for the Technological Age?
- Champion Schools Highlight: Pittsburgh Whitter
- Health in Motion: East Union Intermediate Center
- Health in Motion: Community Day School Farm Stand
- Health in Motion: Mon Valley School Garden
- Health in Motion: Pittsburgh Faison at the Wheel Mill
- Health in Motion: Greenock Elementary Kids Kitchen
- Health in Motion: The CSA Farm Share: A Shaler Area Community Focus